Flex-on's original innovative hi-tech stirrups designed - and scientifically proven - to help with the rider's position and reduce strain on leg muscles and joints. These have to be tried to be believed... (see below for info on our tester service)...
Flex-on also offer a lower-cost Composite version of these stirrups plus the "Safe-on" safety model (see "related products at bottom of page): read "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for an explanation of the differences between the Alu frame, Green Composite and Safe-on models), and for more information on Flex-on's extensive customisation options.
Why we chose them:
- Ultra-lightweight and streamlined: the strong but lightweight frame (450g) uses hi-tech design and aerospace-derived aluminium.
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot in the frame, plus a carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create an ideal position for the rider's leg and foot and reduce strain on the rider's leg muscles and joints.
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help the stirrup absorb shocks and vibration.
- Ultra-grip footbed: small studs in the stirrup's tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse.
We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products. We strongly encourage you to consult us when choosing between these and Flex-on's other stirrup models, as well as when choosing options such as footbed types - our aim is to ensure you get the right product and configuration for your needs. We also offer our tester service which also allows you to try out different models and/or footbed types before committing.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flexon offer a range of customisation options:
- Frame colours: Pro-Balance stirrups are available in two frame colours: silver (polished aluminium) and matt black. We normally hold stock in both colours.
- Elastomers: There is also a choice of elastomer colours, similar to the composite model - see the third product image. Our standard stock is supplied with black elastomers
- Custom inserts: Our stock stirrups are supplied with the standard black inserts provided by Flex-on. As an alternative custom decorative inserts can be ordered to replace those supplied as standard: see "related products" below.
- Footbed options: We can supply these stirrups with Flex-on's flat or inclined footbeds (the mixed inclination type is no longer available). Flex-on recommend the flat type for dressage and general riding, and the inclined for jumping. We have testers available in both footbed types: if leaning toward inclined, we would strongly recommend trying out a pair via our tester service before purchasing, as we have found that with the UK's different riding style some UK customers do not get on with them. As standard both come with ultra-grip metal studs for extra grip, but we can supply studless footbeds, and we recommend this for children and adults under 120lb (55kg)
Custom options: Choose the custom option if you want anything different to our standard stock - eg a different elastomer colour or studless footbeds. Please specify your special requirements in the box provided for special order details at checkout. If wanting non-standard inserts, please order the custom insert product (see "related products below") and specify the insert style wanted in the special order details box. Lead time for custom orders is typically 1-3 weeks
Tester service: In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with used tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two (the testers are the composite rather than the Pro version but provide a very similar ride. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
Fitting note: Due to their special asymettric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame. The frame marked "R" should be on the right foot, with the "R" marking facing the rear.
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|